The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) is an award-winning global web accessibility competition and virtual volunteering event: teams of designers and developers compete to create accessible websites for nonprofits, community groups and artists (musicians, dance groups, poets, photographers, painters, etc.).
How does it work?
- Knowbility trains the designer/developer teams on accessibility.
- Knowbility pairs the designer/developer teams with a nonprofit, community group and artist to create a website that welcomes everyone.
- For 6 weeks the pairs work together to design and build awesome, accessible websites.
- Knowbility’s accessibility judges judge each website and pick the winners!
Who can participate?
- Professional designers and developers
- Designers and developers that are still students.
- Nonprofits, community groups and artists (musicians, dance groups, poets, photographers, painters, etc.) who need websites, or need their current website revamped.
AIR raises accessibility awareness and imparts valuable new skills to participating teams while providing community connections with profound, far-reaching impact. To learn more about how you can participate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.