The Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) is a fun, friendly, intense website competition and awareness-building event where website design and development teams compete to create accessible new sites or improve the accessibility of existing sites for nonprofits, community groups and artists (musicians, painters, poets, sculptors, etc.).
To participate as a team in AIR, you can organize members yourself and then sign up as a Rally team (very popular for employees of the same company or students in the same class), or you can sign on as an individual and Knowbility will match you with others who want to form a team. Teams in the Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR) can be made up of web professionals or students. They can all work at the same company or government agency, all be in the same class, or be dispersed all around the world and have signed up as individuals, to be matched by Knowbility to a team with other individuals who have signed up.
For the Accessibility Internet Rally for Universities – AIR-U – college and university-based student teams compete to create accessible new sites or improve the accessibility of existing sites for nonprofits, community groups and artists (musicians, painters, poets, sculptors, etc.). It’s like the regular Rally hosted by Knowbility, but it is especially focused on college and university students.
AIR 2019 Timeline
- June – August – Recruitment
- September 16 – All registrations close
- September 9 to 30 – Designer/Developer Team trainings, NPO asset gathering and training.
- September 19 – Live Webinar Training 1
- September 26 – Live Webinar Training 2
- October 3 – Kick Off Event
- October 7 – November 15 – Website build time
- November 15 – Final Countdown Event and site submissions
- November 18 – December 18 – Judging
- January 16 – Award Ceremony