Are you a Texas state agency? Participate in the Accessibility Internet Rally (AIR)!
As a participant and competitor you will:
- Have the option to build or improve the websites of Texas state agencies or a non-profit of your choosing.
- Create an exciting, interactive web experience that is accessible to everyone.
- Get access to Knowbility’s online accessibility training to comply with WCAG 2.1 Level AA, ADA and Section 508 standards.
- Be matched with a Knowbility mentor, the leading subject matter experts and trainers on website accessibility.
Quick Facts Before you Begin
- The Texas Governor’s Office will cover the registration fee for committed teams. When you complete the project and submit your website, you will also receive a reimbursement for your registration fees.
- You can register as an individual or a state agency team.
- Teams must have at least 4 members and no more than 6.
- State Agency teams have the option to work on improving a State Agency site, or a non-profit website of their choosing.
We will distribute TexasAIR Team questionnaires to State Agency teams to facilitate matches based on NPO needs and State Agency teams skill levels.
- Training materials will be available for all teams through an accessible learning management system which will be provided upon registration.
As a State Agency Team participant, you will be a key part of making this program enjoyable, educational, and successful for Texas and beyond. Please read the commitments below before registering in the TexasAIR program, as they are the things you will be expected to accept responsibility for as a participant.
What is expected of you:
- Provide at least one phone number and email address for each person on your team (minimum of 4, no more than 6 per AIR-U team.)
- Designate a team Captain responsible for keeping team members in the loop for program updates or new opportunities for learning and networking.
- Complete the AIR Team Questionnaire so we can match you with the right NPO/artist match for your interests.
- Meet with your NPO at least once a week in person, by phone, or by video conference.
- Check in with you mentor at least once a week in person, by phone or by video conference.
- Attend the Kickoff (this will be both online and in person in Austin, TX)
- Attend the final day event (online or in person) and submit the teams website on the due date.
- Attend the award ceremony (online or in person).
- Transfer the website and maintenance knowledge of the website to the NPO, musician, or artist.