Please note that you may need to get permission from your executive staff or board to participate, or to use certain content on your organization’s new website.
To participate in OpenAIR:
- You must provide information confirming your organization is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization in the USA, a public school in the USA, a registered non-governmental organization or charity in a country other than the USA, or a public school open to all children in your area. If you are unsure if your organization qualifies, please send an email to email@example.com with information about your organization.
- You must choose a primary contact for your organization’s participation in OpenAIR. This person must commit to participating in an online training with Knowbility, that will outline all of the requirements for your participation and to learn how to be the best partner/client to your team, and will help you understand what accessibility should mean to everyone, not just web designers. This training will accommodate your schedule and time zone.
- You must pay a $100 registration fee to Knowbility by December 1st, 2017. This payment can be made online, PayPal, check or bank transfer. A Knowbility representative will contact you once you complete the registration form about how to submit your payment.
- Your organization’s primary OpenAIR contact must promptly reply to emails and phone calls from both Knowbility and your web design team.
- Your organization must provide all text for the web site, as well as logos, photos you want to use (or you want the designers to choose from), video files and audio files (multimedia). You must own the copyright for anything you want on your new web site. This content must be provided by the deadline date in January 29th, 2018. Your organization will have a dedicated Basecamp for organizing and sharing this information.
- Your organization’s primary OpenAIR contact must meet the content delivery on a schedule. Otherwise, your team will have less time to work on your web site!
The more time your organization’s primary OpenAIR contact spends with your design team, the more that person can tell them about their wants and needs for their web site, the better your website will be, and the more closely it will match your expectations. And remember: accessibility is the heart of this event. If there is a design element you want that isn’t accessible, the team will work with you to create an alternative that meets your needs.
- If your organization does not already have a domain name (URL or web address), your organization will need to register such and provide it to Knowbility within two weeks of your OpenAir registration. We provide advice on how to register your domain name here (LINK). At the time of registration, you will need to note if you want Knowbility to host your web site on its server for one year (free) or if you will have the site hosted elsewhere.
- Finally, you also agree to support your team.
While the OpenAIR event is international and open to design teams and organizations worldwide, our event is limited to English-only for 2018.